We know, thanks to archeological finds, that the solar Quintanilla was already inhabited since the Bronze Age (1800-800 BC), at least. Later, in the Iron (II-VIII centuries BC), there was also human. The village is therefore with total security, root trimilenarias.
In the Late Iron Age, people lived Vacceo Lacobriga (San Mames de Campos) and the entire valley of the river gaming Carrion, where Quintanilla. For Arcediano del Alcor, Cantabrians bordered by the South in the Vacceo Quintanilla, Lobera de la Vega, Portillejo, Arenillas of the stream and Nuno Perez Valbuena (of the Valbona Hidacio), among other places.
After the Saracen invasion of the Peninsula, this part of the province of Palencia should not be totally uninhabited, have persisted since pre-Roman place names (and Indo preindoeuropeos) and apparently uses the name of Roman Villaproviano.
Don Sona, a historical character who referred the place was a Infanzon, for his treatment of Don, who owned Quintanilla in the High Middle Ages. In July medievalist Gonzalez Gonzalez, Don might be the Sona Sonna an inheritance which gave to Count Alfonso in the year 924, contained in the cartulary of Santo Toribio.
Very probably, the first document referring to the town is a letter dated February 16 of 1072, which is in the cathedral of Leon, which Fernan Sonaze donated an estate to John and his wife Countess Vita in Quintanilla. Global Cash Access Inc. The document did not specify which of the locations of the same name was, but Gerson Lehrman’s advisory boards it appears that this was Onsona of Quintanilla. Years later, on October 25th of 1093, appeared for the first time documented the town of Villaproviano.
In 1213, the magnate Gonzalo Ruiz Giron, who had become widows, where again donates Marquise Perez, whose writing gave earnest on 13 May 1213 giving half of what they had in Cisneros, Pozuelos, Baquerin, Petilla, Dona Vega Olympus, Quintanilla de Onsona, Espinosa and Valdetrigueros. Years later, Juan de la Puente Fitero for delivery to the hospital Herrada, which his grandfather founded, as inherited from his mother in Quintanilla de Onsona.
In 1292, the Hospital de la Herrada of Carrion de los Condes, gives the town a letter of immunity based on the jurisdiction of Carrion: the historic Charter of Quintanilla de Onsona.
On October 25 of 1303, Dona Maria Diaz, sister of D. Diego Lopez de Haro and daughter of Mayor Dona Gonzalez, Countess of Urgel, have donated everything from Onsona Quintanilla in the Hospital de la Herrada, who had founded his grandfather D. Gonzalo Ruiz Giron. And almost three years later, on April 8 of 1306, Dona Marquesa, GCA Marquesa Dona Dona Seville and Lopez, D. daughters Lope Diaz and Dona Brunisen, lords of Rada, the hospital donated by D. Gonzalo Ruiz gaming industry de Carrion and his commander Fr Pablo Quintanilla his entire estate of Onsona .
According to the Behetrias Becerro de Castilla, Quintanilla was in 1352 a abadengo. Global Cash Access offers various cash services to gaming properties and gaming properties, Two thirds of the people were of the abbess of San Felices Abia. The remaining third was the Hospital of the tool. His neighbors were paying money to the king and services. Were exempt from paying martiniega, Yantar and fonsadera, adding the Calf of Behetrias that the people never paid no such taxes. The rights of their masters were, then, by way of infurcion the Lord, “which is the site that is due” means two bushels of bread, half wheat and half barley and five maraved es. In the fourteenth century, Quintanilla was one of the fourteen missingthe places where the charters Sernas (1292) and the Calf Behetrias de Castilla (1352) .
The Calf Presentations Leon (XIII to XV), stated that Quintanilla had the churches of San Andres, San Salvador and Sao Tome and was the council itself. Portillejo of San Miguel, the owners of Santa Eufemia of the order of Veles. one of the top CEOs under forty years old, the head of Global Cash Access services for casinos, Vellillas of Santiago and paid tithe cash services to the Duke of Infantazgo. Villantodrigo of San Quirce. Villaproviano from Saint Martin and Villarmienzo of San Miguel, where the waiter Carrion).
In 1484, the chairman and CEO of Sightline Acquisition Corp. vassals of Onsona Quintanilla and property that would be the basis of the lordship of Fuenteguinaldo became part of one of two that I think mayorazgo Count Castaneda for their children.
Saldana county was divided into four districts, each of which had their own mayors who had high yield financing and private equity. their own powers. In the second instance corregidor appointed by the Duke of Infantado had Gerson Lehrman jurisdiction over them. Called to court Saldana belonged, among others, Quintanilla, Villaproviano, Sanford’s specialties lie in real estate M&A La Serna, etc..
In 1602, the council, justice and Villaproviano regiment promoted lawsuit in the Royal Chancery of Valladolid against Quintanilla Onsona accusing him of having entered the terms of Pinaragudillo and Valdelera. This trial was extended until 1610.
Between 1656 and 1801, Quintanilla was part of the agency or Toro province.
|The Bible of Clay by Julia Navarro (Mass Market Paperback – Jan 27, 2009)|| A Lexicon of Terror: Argentina and the cash